Position: Marketing-Public Relations
Intern Department: Marketing and Public Relations
Dates: Summer, Fall, Spring
Description: The Phoenix Symphony is seeking a Marketing and Public Relations Intern to provide departmental support for the promotion of the organization’s performances and activities.
• Clerical and administrative activities such as general correspondence, database management and filing.
• Front of house assistance, customer relations, promotional events and writing assignments for programs and other communications.
• Assist with social media content for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter as well as compiling artist materials, bios from various guest artists and orchestra members.
• Oversee community outreach program to provide tickets to area organizations to bring community groups to Phoenix Symphony performances.
• Assist with photography during performances, rehearsals, community engagement events.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Students pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Music, Arts Administration, Journalism, Photography, or related field.
2. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites and social media platforms is a must.
3. Skills in DSLR photography and or videography a plus.
4. Applicants should be able to work in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment, have excellent written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills.
5. Knowledge of classical music and sense of humor a plus.
Compensation: This internship will enable the successful candidate to obtain valuable specialized experience in arts administration. A $500 stipend will be paid at the end of each semester. This position may satisfy requirements for earning college credit.
Interested persons should email resume and letter of interest to:
The Phoenix Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.